Thursday, September 20, 2012

Countdown to TM: Day 8...

Awoke to some rather sensitive calves and quads.
But they felt a whole lot better than being tight.
Only managed five hours sleep cos I was up baking and had to prepare for my son's birthday BBQ.

Was a good day... Wasn't the food I really wanted to be eating before the City to Bay, however it did hit me later on that I was taking things a little too seriously perhaps...
It's just a 12km run... I've done plenty of them before...
I think the main thing was that I really wanted to run the 12km in under an hour, so I wanted to be at my best.

Unfortunately... I was to be thwarted by some pathogens!! :(
Oh yes... I got gastro that evening... Many trips made to the toilet...

Wanted to hit the sack early as I'd had only a short sleep the night before and was tired from a busy day, but had to get up a few times during the night due to over hydrating from fear of fluid loss from the diarrhoea.



No comments: