Thursday, September 13, 2012

Countdown to TM: Day 10...

Had a good solid nights sleep and thank the Mudder Goddess my back ache had disappeared! :)
Started the day in a much better mood than what I had going to sleep.

Was wary that I had a long drive down south for work, so stretched very very thoroughly before my shower.

Today was also R U OK? Day.

A day to reach out to friends and family and check up on them. To talk about feelings and issues...
Look out for those close to you that may be anxious, depressed or stressed. Sit down for a cuppa and a chat...
Having had a family member commit suicide years ago, this day has a particularly powerful meaning for myself.
Unfortunately it can be hard to spot the potential signs of trouble in those close to us until it is too late.

I can't remember how old I was, maybe in high school, when swore a solemn vow never to commit suicide. I put in the disclaimer that if sacrificing myself meant saving many others, then perhaps it would be acceptable. (imaginative teenager thinking Hollywood style... Holding the bomb while everyone else escapes... Someone has to be the hero!) :)

That vow may have been made by a naive and idealistic teenager, but it still holds true today.
Suicide is never the answer...
Snuffing out the flame is not worth it...
Times may get tough and shit may happen but there should always be someone to reach out to...

Even if I don't know you.. you're some random person who has stumbled across my blog and things aren't going well for you... I'm willing to listen... Willing to talk things over... Feel free to contact me...
No one should have to carry the burden of their problems alone...

Finished the day with 35 inverted push ups in the evening and I'll be stretching again before bed.
And I've booked myself a massage for next week!! :)

No comments: