Sunday, September 09, 2012

Countdown to TM: Day 14...

Weighed in at 81.5kg.
Seem to have stabilized around there.
Happy enough with that weight! :)

Met a mate at 10am for a run around the Torrens River. He hasn't had as much opportunity to train as I have recently, so I wore the 5kg vest to help slow me down.
I was a bit hesitant as we were aiming for 10km and I wasn't sure how I'd do with the vest over that distance, but he said he'd be happy to walk if I needed to. ;)

Did 10km in 55min!!
And that even included a couple of double backs to let my mate catch up and a bit of walking when I bumped into another mate!!
Was over the moon with the time. I wasn't expecting running 10km in under an hour with the vest on.
But I think running with someone combined with a later start time helped a lot. Half the time when I run in the morn at 6am, my body feels heavy and lethargic... I think the later time just lets ones body normalize before putting it through hell.

Very proud of my mate too. Running 10km in under an hour after minimal training was a great effort.

Lots of stretching afterwards and in the evening as a long run will often leave me tight for the next few days.

No comments: