Thursday, September 06, 2012

Countdown to TM: Day 17...

Bio age testing day!
Stretches in morn to get the body awake and limber.
Ten slow push ups to stretch out arms nicely.
Some core activation exercises.

Couldn't stop thinking about 4pm and the test.
The PT sessions we've been participating in have been great. Complimented my running nicely. Shown me areas I need to improve.

Core. Core. Core.
That's for sure!! :)

Picked up my blood test results from my GP. Cholesterol and blood glucose looking great! :)

Bio Age Testing went really well.
Improvement in all areas!
Have dropped a few kilos over the last three months.
Waist went from 90cm to 82.5cm!!!
(really really happy to see that result!!!)
Blood pressure down (but both the initial reading and today's reading were much higher than what I get when measured at the Red Cross before my blood donations. White Coat Hypertension perhaps??).
Ran an extra level in the beep test.
Was much more flexible than last time in the stretch test.

In the first test, I did 27 push ups.
28 was the next tier in my age category, so I was determined to do 28 minimum this time and push for the next tier which was 40.
Did 42 push ups today!! :D
Felt fabulous after that.

Finished up with plank hold.
Held it for 2:25 minutes.
First time around I only did 1:06, so again I was over the moon.

Since the beginning of this year, I've lost a lot of weight from running and better eating. These PT sessions have been such an awesome added benefit to my fitness regime and shown me that there's a lot more I need to be doing than just running... Especially on the lead up to an event like Tough Mudder.
If it was just a half marathon, yeah no probs, run run run... But it's much much more than that... It's a half marathon with 28 military style obstacles (I like to think of them as rest stops!) along the way...
I get the feeling that it's gonna push me to my limits and test me physically and psychologically...
But who knows..? Maybe I'm more ready than I think I am...

Fear is the mind killer... and on September 23rd, I vow that Fear will not be hitching a ride with me...

No comments: