Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Countdown to TM: Day 25...

Started the day with a 10km run.
Did it in 56min which whilst isn't fantastic for my City to Bay goal of 12km in an hour, I'm still happy with the distance.
Was a really damp morning and although I had taken a couple of puffs of my asthma meds prior to running, at around the 4km mark, my breathing felt really wheezy... Was close to stopping but pushed on and thankfully thru it.
The four km mark was along a stretch of pathway that I'd had troubles before as well... Maybe there is some bad juju along that path! :)

One of the best parts of the run itself was when jogging passed the local racecourse. As I was getting closer, I could see what I thought was fog around the area but there was no fog to be seen anywhere else, so I assumed it was steam from using hot water to wash things or something similar.
The closer I got, the thicker the fog got. It turned out that it was fog coming from the wetlands that are in the centre of the racecourse.
I wished I'd stopped to take some photos... But i was so set on trying to record a fast time that I didn't want to stop.
To my imagination, it looked like an entrance to Tír na N'og (the Celtic Otherworld). An area where the barriers between reality and the Fairy Kingdom blur allowing mortals the opportunity to cross over at their peril.

Will definitely take some pics if I see it again.

Plenty of stretches at home as well in the arvo. Did some planks and cobras to round out the day as well.

1 comment:

Ev J said...

I was sure there was something really crappy that happened on this run as well... But cannot remember... Best to focus on the positive anyway! :)