Thursday, August 23, 2012

Countdown to TM: 31 days...

Originally planned to get up for a run at 545. Woke at 515 to rain, hail, thunder, and lightning... The princess in me killed the alarm and slept until 7am. ;)

Luckily had work PT session this arvo. Core strengthening was today's theme. It was savage as per usual. And I loved every second of it. :)
Thought during the session that I'd be feeling it tmrw...but already feeling it now!
The wood chopper twists using a resistance band were particularly punishing. That's what I'm feeling now I think.
Mountain climbers were taxing.
Side planks... Often collapsed a couple of times on one side but then would be stable and stronger on the other. Was weird.
Cobras were easy. Nice and strong with those now. Even did the last 45 seconds holding a ball between our feet for extra challenge.

PT called me his "sweaty little gnome" today. Well I think it was gnome...was mid exercise and mildly distracted. He said due to the amount I sweat, I'm a good indicator if the group is working hard enough. That's gotta be the first time someone has complimented me for sweating so much. :D

Everyday of the countdown won't be this active, but it's a bloody good start!
Now time to sleep and recover.

No comments: