Sunday, June 11, 2006


What addiction??

I remember last year when I failed my exam and I looked up on the Uni website. They had hints and tips for better study and sleep patterns etc.
They also listed problems that students might be facing in their personal lives: bullying, drug abuse, internet addiction etc.
It was when I read the words "internet addiction" if felt like I had been bitch slapped backwards with a mocha-latte. And I thought to myself... hmmm maybe that's me... then I thought nah bugger that and continued surfing the net! ;)

Anywho, just came across this interesting article on the net and thought I'd share it. I wouldn't say I'm personally addicted to gaming, but it definitely is one of my main hobbies. I know one person who felt they were addicted to one particular game and after he realised he was spending so much time playing, he actually deleted the game. One part of me screams "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!" (that would be the gamer speaking), another part of me nods and says "Much Respect" and the last part of me wonders why I was distracted from playing Halo2 for the last five minutes (the other gamer). I personally don't know if I could do that. Sure he's still got a copy lying around that can be reinstalled at any time, but that deletion took a F#%@ of a lot of will power... much respect...


Last year at exam time I unplugged every unpluggable cord from my xbox so that if I had the desire to play, I'd have to go to a heck of a lot of effort to play. And I didn't play in the end... it was a good thing. Thanks to last Sunday's Kev's Renovation Rescue, the Xbox is still in disarray as I haven't had time to play or set it up. And it will stay this way for the next 10 days and maybe then I'll pass it on to Chris who shall hopefully baby sit it with the greatest of care while we're in Europe!

This is one lucky man. I haven't even read the whole article (tis a long one but it has pretty pictures) but the general gist is that he's one lucky sonnuva.
If I spend $800 on a bike with various accessories, I'm sure everybody's happy.
If I spend the same amount on an Xbox360, I've got a feeling only the fellas will be jumping for joy...

And now that I've pissed all this time away typing this blog, I should probably get down to some study!
Hope you're having more fun than I am! :)

No comments: