Sunday, June 04, 2006

Thai Tomato and Lemongrass soup, THOU ART MINE ENEMY!

Thursday evening. During my dinner break at work.
I'm making a few calls to friends. Organizing where and when we'll be watching Friday night Footy (Crows [30 goals 8 points - 188] absolutely whooped the mother loving hell outta Essendon [6 goals 14 points - 50] by the way)...
I'm dining upon Thai Tomato and Lemongrass soup at T-bar. Wonderful stuff. Gotta nice kick of spice to it. I butter up my second of three petite bread rolls (Kate spoils me so). I consume. Wunderbar! Try T-bar's soup of the day if you have the chance. The pumpkin's great as well as the T.T.L. but I'm yet to try the others.
I reach for my mobile phone. Have to call Dat(vid) and see if he's up for Footy.
And at that moment I truly understand the meaning of the words "butter fingers".
In a scene of pure slow motion, I watch my Nokia 6680 (R.R.P. $650 and only about 9 months into the payments) drop into my Thai Tomato and Lemongrass soup. It seems to freeze for a moment and then, just to rub it in, it sinks below the surface!
Panic sets it and life returns to normal speed.
I snatch now-orange-goo-covered phone (click for reenactment) out of soup and furiously try wiping it down with my napkin. After that napkin was satched, I rushed into T-bar and utilize more napkins. During all the action, I'd failed to notice that there had been "splash damage" and the right side of my jacket (only purchased 2 weeks prior) was nicely splattered with soup too. Kate attended to my jacket (with latex gloves) whilst I attempted to resurrect the mobile. Then it starts to ring. Dan "Boy Wonder" Gammon is calling. I pick up and I believe my words were "Dan! I've just dropped my phone in some soup! I'll call you back tonight!". He replied, but it was quite muffled due to the soup clogging the speaker. I repeated, but of course the microphone of the mobile was also nicely clogged up too!

I boohoo about my Love is going to die and Kate berates me about loving inanimate objects. But there are so many inanimate objects in my life that I love! Xbox, mobile, iPod, DigiCamera... the list goes on... and with such joy that they bring to my life, how can one not "love" them???
Heck if my phone had packed it in right there and then, I probably would've broken into "Goodbye my Lover" by James Blunt! :)

My dinner break was basically over so I headed back over to work and spent the next 20 mins trying to clean out the insides of my precious. Buggered up the slide on the back of the phone, but luckily fixed that the next morning.
So far all seems well. Had a bit of trouble charging it last night, but it did eventually.
We'll have to wait and see I guess. Might take it into Nokia on Monday and see if they can have a squiz at it. I'm just thankful that the Thai Tomato and Lemongrass soup was nice and thick so that water didn't just flow straight into everything.
Bugger...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, I'm glad I took my 360 back. Could have ended up bathing in TTL.

I think this statement adequately sums it up "you dick muscle".

Anonymous said...

This comment by anonymous wouldn't have come from Ev's little brother, would it? Mind you, I have yet to hear him call Evan "you dick muscle".

Most amusing young Ev.

Ev J said...

Nay, t'would be the young Master Broomhead...