Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A day of joy... A day of pain...

Tuesday the 13th of June was full of highs and lows...
It started in the early hours of the morning when A
ustralia's Socceroos smashed Japan in their first game for the World Cup in 32 years.
Cahill scored the first (and second) ever World Cup goal for Australia and Aloisi finished the game off with a third.
Beautiful "moments in history" kinda stuff.
Oh the screams that echoed from Seventh Ave in Ascot Park!!
All slept well and all was right in the morning.

Then came the suffering...

Suffering for Australia... no... just one little Australian...
a boy... and his p
hone...

My Nokia 6680 (see past post regarding the famous soup swimming phone!) bit the frickin dust...
It started by not taking calls... I rebooted the phone... but it wouldn't boot back... :(
It just comes up with the NOKIA logo and the words: "Test mode" above it...


This is the official info from Nokia:
"
unfortunately our techs are not able to repair any phones that have been in contact with a liquid. the internal component of your phone will corrode once it comes in to contact with any form of liquid. this makes the phone beyond repair."

Punks... hide behind their liquid shield... is soup really a liquid?? I'd soaked up so much of the liquid component of it with my bread, that it was more like "paste" by the time the phone decided to go kamikaze into it...
Luckily I backed up all my phone info onto the computer just a week ago, but I can't seem to access that at present. Hopefully Nokia will be able to sort me out with that.
Why am I taunted like this?? My phone appeared to survive its Thai Tomato and Lemongrass Soup ordeal... it lived on for a week and a half... we were content... happy even!!
But no... its time was up...

Now I'm stuck with using an old phone of Jee's... dodgy NEC e616... chunky... lacking in functions... crappy menu system... shitty low rez camera... the philistines out there will be saying "Who cares? A phone's a phone!"
Fools...
I had emails, p
hone numbers, banking details, notes, birthday reminders (YOUR birthday I tell you! How am I gonna remember YOUR birthday now without my phone??), debt reminders (Mr Bond!!), photos, music and love... never forget love... stored in that phone... and now gone... washed away in a moment of passion with Thai Tomato and Lemongrass Soup...

There's but one word to sum up this situation:

Super
califuckalisticexpealidocious!!

And now, after all the doom and gloom, I leave you with some entertainment...
Lord knows I need something to put a smile on my face...
I give you The Adventures of Big Jeff (find more at www.bigjeff.tv)

If you are a pansy, don't click these links...









P.S. - Anyone with a spare 3G phone sitting around (a decent one!) I'd be more than happy to take it off you hands!! Just msg me!

No comments: