Saturday, July 01, 2006

I SHAVE IN SEIZA...

Often there are little mini seats in japanese bathrooms so that whilst one is washing oneself, one can sit and relax. I didn't need or want for one this morn till I decided to shave.
I usually shave in the shower using a mirror that was bestowed on me by the blessed Cheech (click the link to the right to see what Cheech is cookin at present!). But this morn there was a mirror all ready and waiting, but at waist level.
Hence the need for a seat.
But said seat was in absentia (is that the word??).

So I decided to shave in seiza.
For those who don't know, seiza is the traditional way of sitting in Japan, often associated with meditation. Basically it's kneeling with your feet underneath you.
Not the most comfortable of postitions even on squishy carpet.
But I was reveling in the fact that I was kneeling on hard tiles and cutting myself... well cutting the hair off my face... so masochistic... so WUNDERBAR!!
I was tempted to blast myself with freezing cold water to complete the experience, but denied my the errr... "pleasure"... :-)

Why the heck I'm writing about that I have no idea.

Anywho after a day of window shopping - which I'd like to write in detail, but now is not the time - we had a great feed of japanese food at Tengu the izakaya chain and then met up with old friends at The Hub. It was the best... 3 years is a long time, but when you see good friends in the flesh again, those three years feel like only three days...

Whilst I'd really like to be hitting the sack right now (3am is late even for more... and especially if you've gotta get up early to go sight seeing!!) I have to discuss one further long lost love...

Starbuck's Macha Frappacino...

3 words... so much more meaningful than "i love you"...
they convey passion... power... happiness... bliss...
And just to prove the point, here is yours truly sipping daintily on one waggin his happy tail!!
Get one india when you have the chance!!


Well in the couple of minutes it's taken to upload this pic I've really hit a wall and am sooooooooo sleepiy... catch ya!

No comments: